App UX Design / UI Direction
- Research the pain points of the Opix360 camera using representative user groups.
- Use research to define optimal user group(s) for targeting later on.
- Evaluate how the core values of Opix360 can be strategically embedded into the user experience.
- Refine the business and marketing model to match our user research.
- Create wireframes of initial prototype.
- Incorporate web UI designer, Roy Ren, into process to create the final UI interfaces.
Target Audience: American high school to college students aged 15-25
Pain Points: 360° cams are novel for most kids, need more educational information to teach people how to use the cam; the cam software is slow and difficult to use; the camera is heavy; not many social platforms accept 360 files, so sharing is a challenge to other social platforms outside of Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Core Value of Opix360: Easy to shoot: just attach Opix360 to charging port of smartphone and open the app; photo and video support; Easy to edit: inspired by Snapchat & Instagram, the interface resembles favorite apps of young users, making it intuitive to use. Easy to share for supported apps: after editing the photos or video, sharing is as easy as clicking a button inside the app; Users can share 360° photos or videos to social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
Opix360 Android App Download